Saturday, April 24, 2010

Speech: The Best Tool for Sales




The first video demonstrates the differences between a powerful speaker and a boring speaker. Although the content of both speeches are interesting, it is all about the delivery and the skills of the presenter. If you think for one second that developing skills of speech do not matter, think again. Obama was not elected because of his political experience. He had a way of motivating the nation. McCain on the other hand, had a way of putting everyone to sleep and no one could bear to listen to what he had to propose anyway. Not much more can be said about the matter because the video demonstrates it better than I can describe in words.

The Bill Whittle video is just a video I enjoy, but it shows his incredible presentation skills. I had the opportunity to see Bill Whittle as a guest speaker for my class and let me just say, that man could sell a Chocolate Popsicle to a lady wearing white gloves on a hot summer day. I could walk into a presentation he was giving beginning with the completely opposite views of what he was speaking on and he could convince me that my thoughts were wrong. Being a good businessperson requires that you have good communication skills and can sell your product or service. Nobody wanted to buy what McCain was offering, but everybody wanted to buy whatever Obama was offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment